As the association at the heart of Britain’s meat industry we provide the most diverse forum for Government, consumers and companies throughout the food industry.
We enable key players to work together to raise and maintain the UK’s internationally renowned food safety standards.
We not only represent the interests of our members, but actively work with them to maintain Britain’s high standard and reputation for a quality and regulated meat industry. Our activities include:
- Provision of up to the minute information and guidance on industry issues affecting our members
- Representation to Government in the UK and Europe to help shape policy
- Provision of specialist advice and assistance on technical, legislative and enforcement matters
- Ownership and management of the key pigmeat product and manufacturing standards behind the widely recognised Red Tractor consumer logo.
- Managing the Climate Change Levy Discount Scheme designed to encourage the meat industry to operate in a more environmentally friendly way